Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Antony and Cleopatra Act 4, Scene 13

Go to: Antony and Cleopatra Table of Contents, where you can also read the CLASSICS REVITALIZED paraphrase of this scene
Alexandria. A Room in the Palace.
(Enter Cleopatra, Charmian, Iras, and Mardian.)
Cleopatra: Help me, my women! O, he is more mad /Than Telamon for his shield; the boar of Thessaly /Was never so emboss'd.
Charmian: To the monument! /There lock yourself, and send him word you are dead. /The soul and body rive not more in parting /Than greatness going off.
Cleopatra: To the monument! /Mardian, go tell him I have slain myself; /Say that the last I spoke was 'Antony', /And word it, pr'ythee, piteously: hence, Mardian; /And bring me how he takes my death. /To the monument!
(Exeunt.)
Go to: Next scene (Act 4, Scene 14), or Antony and Cleopatra Table of Contents, where you can also read the CLASSICS REVITALIZED paraphrase of this scene

No comments:

Post a Comment